Volunteer as Board Member!
Now Accepting Applications for Two Openings
The Hercules Library Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation, is looking for volunteers interested in serving on its Board. The Foundation was established in 2004 to provide for the initial construction of the Library. Today, the mission of our volunteer group is to solicit and manage contributions to supplement public funding with the goal of ensuring that the Hercules Public Library continues to provide outstanding free and convenient services for our community.
The Foundation meets the first Thursday evening of each month at the Hercules Library. As of January 1, 2013, there are two openings which will bring the total number of Board members to ten. If you are interested in supporting your community and the life-long learning mission of the Library, please e-mail us at
for more information.
Duties of a Foundation member include:
- Work with Hercules Public Library staff to coordinate the Foundation’s mission and goals with the Library’s purpose, activities and events;
- Attend meetings to discuss matters pertaining to Library fundraising and operations;
- Plan and assist with fundraising activities and events;
- Network with businesses, citizens and other potential donors that could support the Library;
- Participate in drafting and submitting grants to support the Library;
- Interact with other groups that support the Library’s missions, such as the Friends of the Hercules Library, Library volunteers and the City of Hercules staff; and
- Attend conferences as needed related to Library fundraising and supporting the mission of the Library in general.
You can also visit the Foundation table at the Hercules Library, 109 Civic Drive, to pick up an application or click on the link below to print now.
Click to open and print Application Form!